Public Colleges
in Canada

Students in Canada, among several options, after obtaining a high school diploma or a bachelor’s degree, have the opportunity to enroll in university courses. In Canada you can find Universities and what are called Public Colleges.

Public Colleges, thanks to their structure, allow you to learn practical skills that will then be useful to you in the Canadian job market. This is because most programs include a Co-op semester, which is a period of internship carried out in a job position related to your course of study. This is thanks to the fact that the teachers are all professionals who work in the sector and have experience in their field of teaching.

But how to enroll in a college in Canada?

Together we identify the province in which you want to go to study and then we offer you a Public College with a program in the field of study you are interested in. Remember that we work with most schools across Canada!

Private and public colleges in Canada

The requirements for registration will be some documents, including:

  • All documents will need certified translation into English or French.
  • Study programs usually start in September and January, some even in May and it is recommended to apply at least 6-8 months before starting.
  • The fields of study are very broad and courses can be found in the most varied sectors.
  • The cost of studying in Canada in a Public College varies from province to province and from the chosen study program, but they have a lower cost than a university course.


public colleges

Why choose a program at a public college?

Open work permit for spouse

Open work permits will only be available to spouses of students in master's and doctoral programs.

Free education for your children

If the family has children over the age of 5, they can be enrolled in a Canadian public school for free.

Up to 3 years PGWP

During this period, students can work full-time and obtain work experience necessary for applying for permanent residency.

Frequently Asked Questions

These are the most common questions asked by international students.

The courses cover the most different areas of training, namely:

  • Engineering
  • Accounting
  • Design
  • Marketing
  • Finance
  • Business
  • Management
  • Information technology
  • Among others

Yes! Attending a public university allows you to work up to 20 hours per week, and full-time (40 hours per week) during breaks between semesters.

There are several colleges and we can recommend the one that best suits your goals. It is also important to keep in mind that each college has its own costs and courses.

We work with most colleges including: Seneca College, Humber College, George Brown College, Centennial College, Niagara College Toronto, Douglas College, Langara, York University, etc.

Thanks to our experience we can identify the college and program that best suits your needs, contact us now for a free consultation!

To study and work in Canada, you will need a study permit. In general, the documents needed to request the permit if you are an Italian student are:

The letter of acceptance from one of the authorized schools.
Demonstrate sufficient financial resources to pay your college tuition and personal expenses.
A valid passport.
Respect the law, have no criminal record and, if necessary, obtain a criminal record and certificate of pending charges.
Be in good health and, if required, undergo a medical examination
Be able to demonstrate that you will leave Canada at the end of your study permit.

*Required documents may vary based on your citizenship.

Once you graduate from a public college, you have the opportunity to stay and work in Canada by applying for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP), through which you can obtain a work permit in the area for which you studied.

This permit has the same duration as the study program and can last up to a maximum of 3 years. The minimum study time to request it is 8 months. Through this permit you can apply for permanent residence (Permanent Residence Visa).

Additionally, if you travel with your partner, he or she can work full time for the duration of your studies.

If you want to move to Canada to work and you graduated from one of the approved public schools, you can apply for the PGWP at the end of your studies. To request it you have 180 days after the end of your studies, have a valid passport (it must be valid for the entire period of your PGWP, to avoid problems) and the final documents issued by the school.

The duration of the PGWP depends on the length of your studies. If your program is longer than 8 months and less than 2 years, the PGWP can be granted for up to a maximum of one year. If your program is two years or more, the PGWP may be granted for up to three years.

We work with most schools in Canada, these are some examples, contact us to find out all the options!


Our satisfaction is to see you succeed! We know how important it is for you to be sure about choosing the best study agency for international students in Canada. That’s why we want to share with you some testimonies from students in Canada that were in the same situation that you and looked for the ally they needed in us.

Do you want to get more information?

Our team of education and immigration specialists will support you in achieving your goals in Canada