Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP)
Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP) is a category targeted to those who wish to become permanent resident in Canada with qualified skilled trade skills.
You may qualify for FSTP if:
- The applicant plans to live in any province/territory except Quebec
- Language ability skills
- Minimum of CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) of 5 for speaking and listening
- Minimum of CLB of 4 for reading and writing
- Previous and/or the current job position must be categorized under major and minor groups of following NOC (under skill level B):
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades
- Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- Chefs and cooks
- Butchers and bakers
In addition to above qualifications, you need to have a valid offer of employment in Canada or a Certificate of Qualification from a province or territory to ensure that applicants are ‘job ready’ upon arrival. To obtain a Certificate of Qualification, you will need to decide which province or territory you want to live in, and then get your skills and experience certified.